Monday 10 November 2014

This Should Be Fun...



First time making a post in almost two years plus I haven’t done any ultra walks since #WalkAcrossLagos...time flies

I had initially planned #WalkAbujaLagos or #WalkAcrossLondon in 2013 after #WalkAcrossLagos but had to shelve the plans mainly due to work schedules. In between, I “try” to keep fit but it can be hard sometimes. Done a number of half day walks over the couple of years mainly in Lagos (Victoria Island, Lekki Axis).

What else? I’ve been living, surviving, learning. My daughter is over 2 years old now, started play school. Speaking a few words here and there, developing her own character day-by-day. Also changed jobs, so got a new work-family now in Ecobank Nigeria but I still got mad love for my Stanbic IBTC fam.

After almost a week in Paris attending Cartes 2014 and doing some sightseeing to get to know the city with Tolu Latunji and Bode Oyegoke-Akande, I’ll be hoping on the Eurostar in a few hours to London to spend time with my siblings (my brother's graduation tomorrow), mum and the Ile Iwe Metta Jand crew.

Been making preps for #WalkAcrossLondon – accommodation, gear, weather review, gears, mapping out my route and distance per day, etc. The walk will take me 3 days starting from Friday 14th Nov to Sunday 16th Nov.

My main concern will be the chill and not the hot blazing sun this time around. Its late Autumn, so with Winter just about to creep in this will make a good experience walking in cold weather. I’ve been hearing something on the news about cold snap over in the US. I gats to brace up for this side of the Atlantic. Thermal wear is a must now.

This should be fun.

JAS

No comments:

Post a Comment